The Australian National Eisteddfod is the premier eisteddfod held in Canberra, the Nation’s Capital, each year. The Australian National Eisteddfod has a rich history of participation in the performing arts as offers opportunities in a number of art genres.
The Australian National Eisteddfod is excited to partner with the Ainslie Arts Centre, the heart of Canberra’s art scene. This year five divisions will be held:
- Bands and Orchestras: 30 May to 4 June
- Thursday 30 May – Jazz Bands, evening, Lyneham High School Performing Arts Centre
- Friday 31 May – Open Concert and Brass Bands, evening, Llewellyn Hall, ANU
- Saturday 1 June – 16 Years and Under & 18 Years and Under Concert Bands, morning; Orchestras and Instrumental Ensembles, afternoon, Llewellyn Hall, ANU
- Sunday 2 June – ACT High School Bands, Llewellyn Hall, ANU
- Tuesday 4 June – Primary School Bands, Lyneham High School Performing Arts Centre
- Choirs: 30 and 31 August
- Friday 30 August – School Choirs, Canberra Girls Grammar School Hall
- Saturday 31 August – Open Choirs and Choirs Championships, Llewellyn Hall, ANU
- Singing: 2 to 4 August, Ainslie Arts Centre
- Piano 22 to 25 August, Ainslie Arts Centre
- Speech and Drama 7 September, Ainslie Arts Centre
Dates and venues are subject to confirmation
To enter, please check the relevant entry guide (formerly syllabus) for sections, rules and competition details on the competition page. Then head to STARDOM to complete your entry to join the fun and excitement of the eisteddfod competitions.
Tickets are now available for Choirs, Piano and Speech and Drama click here to purchase
To enter a section in the Australian National Eisteddfod visit STARDOM online entry system: http://www.stardom.com.au.
If you need assistance with the system please do not hesitate to contact the relevant division convenor.