Canberra City Band is again Canberra’s champion, after taking out the Open A Grade Concert Bands section at the Australian National Eisteddfod on Friday 18 May in Llewellyn Hall.
The Australian National Eisteddfod is the premier eisteddfod held in Canberra, the Nation’s Capital, each year. The Australian National Eisteddfod has a rich history of participation in the performing arts as offers opportunities in a number of art genres.
The Australian National Eisteddfod is excited to partner with the Ainslie Arts Centre, the heart of Canberra’s art scene. This year five divisions will be held:
- Bands and Orchestras 17 to 24 May 2018, Llewellyn Hall, ANU, Lyneham High School Performing Arts Centre and Canberra Institute of Technology
- Choirs 17 to 18 August, Llewellyn Hall, ANU and Canberra Girls Grammar School Hall
- Singing 24 to 26 August, Ainslie Arts Centre
- Piano 30 August to 2 September, Ainslie Arts Centre
- Speech and Drama 8 September, Ainslie Arts Centre
Dates and venues are subject to confirmation
To enter, please check the relevant entry guide (formerly syllabus) for sections, rules and competition details on the competition page. Then head to STARDOM to complete your entry to join the fun and excitement of the eisteddfod competitions.
Tickets are now available for Bands and Orchestras, click here to purchase
To enter a section in the Australian National Eisteddfod visit STARDOM online entry system: http://www.stardom.com.au.
If you need assistance with the system please do not hesitate to contact the relevant division convenor.